1. WHAT DO YOU WRITE? (YOUR ALIAS) …AND WHY?
GRACMOR is the contraction of my two last names”Gracia Morales” my tag on the street is IFABRE as well as INFAME105 and SIZE.
2. WHAT CREWS DO YOU REP (IF ANY)?
As an artist, I represent Cookie Deaux, an international collective of artists from Amsterdam.
As a graffiti writer I represent AKM “Azteca Crew Mexican” and EST “Estafando, Estamos “Sobre Todos” crews formed in 1996 in Puebla, Mexico.
3. HOW LONG YOU’VE BEEN WRITING/TAGGING/PAINTING/DOING ART?
I started as a graffiti writer in 1998 in Puebla, Mexico. I have been a graphic artist for 23 years.
4. WHERE DID YOU GROW UP, AND HOW DID GRAFFITI BECOME A PART OF YOUR LIFE?
I am from the city of Puebla, Puebla, Mexico.
I started seeing urban graffiti in the city by the first writers on the streets, then I met friends from school who liked all this shit. In those years all the crews had a very particular style of letters, you could identify the crew by their style of writing, I really liked that, the variety of styles.
5. WHO/WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST INSPIRATION AND MOTIVATION?
6. HOW HAS BEING IN GRAFFITI CULTURE CHANGED YOUR LIFE?
Graffiti has led me to know myself, my tastes and interests in art and graphics led me to study a career as a graphic designer. Knowing more styles and forms from around the world I focused on becoming a graphic artist. I still have a long way to go to show the world my forms, ideas, and concepts.
7. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MEDIUM TO PAINT ON? THE STREETS, IN THE STUDIO, ETC.
I really like doing murals in the street, meeting people, and learning from urban experiences, at home when I paint I have tranquility and calm to develop my ideas.
As a designer, I spend a lot of time on the computer looking for a graphic solution to projects with my clients. I also work digitally on my own designs and ideas.
8. WHERE WOULD YOU BE IN LIFE RIGHT NOW IF YOU NEVER PICKED UP A PAINTBRUSH/MARKER/SPRAY CAN?
In a place that I would hate, working for a fool, and hating my life.
9. ANYTHING ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO SAY?
The use of aerosol and being immersed in the culture of illegal and legal graffiti, have led me to become interested in artistic movements such as Calligraffiti (combination of calligraphy and graffiti) and Graffuturism, recreating my own styles such as Mayagraffia and Abstract applied to design and art.
SHOP GRACMOR PRODUCTS